- This feature aligns with the Public Affairs branding guidelines.
- Large (high resolution) images may cause performance issues and could possibly cause other site errors. If you are uploading your own photos to use for Photo Thumbnails, try to only upload photos that have a file size of 1MB or smaller.
- Images used for thumbnails should be at least 768px wide by 512px high
- Using stock photos (intended for Hero widgets) for thumbnails is not recommended
- For photo/image best practices, see Image Shapes and Sizes.
The Video Thumbnail with Modal allows Site Builders to show a photo in a widget that links to a video, and then when a user clicks on the widget, a larger zoom (modal) of the video player pops up to show the embedded video. Just like the Add Video widget, only YouTube and Vimeo videos can be used. The photo used for the widget can be a still from the video, or a related image.
To add a Photo Thumbnail with Zoom, click "Customize this Page," click the plus sign in the region where you'd like to add the photo thumbnail, then select "Berkeley Components."
Then, click "Add" for "Video Thumbnail with Modal."
From here, configure the Video Thumbnail with Modal. Add the main title text, upload a new photo to accompany the video or choose an existing photo from your library, and add the YouTube or Vimeo link.