- This feature aligns with the Public Affairs branding guidelines.
The Campus Calendar widget enables you to embed a short list of events from the Campus Calendar on your pages.
The display of the widget is generated by the Campus Calendar and is not configurable except by using the parameters listed below. Example of Campus Calendar widget:
Getting a Campus Calendar embed link
In order to use the widget, you need the URL of a Campus Calendar feed for the specific calendar you want to feature. The simplest form of the URL will look like this:
- "pubaff" represents the short name of a calendar, in this case the main calendar managed by Public Affairs.
- "future" indicates the date range. Other options include day, week, and month.
- "recur=start" indicates that recurring events such as exhibitions should only be displayed as a start date. To include in-progress exhibitions, you can remove the parameter.
- "subhead=events" creates the heading within the widget.
- By default, a maximum of three events will be displayed. You can choose a different maximum, between 1 and 5, by adding the "limitRSS" parameter, for example:
- You can change the text of the widget header by modifying the "subhead" parameter. For example:
The output of the widget is generated by the Campus Calendar and included in the page using an iframe. Please note that clearing your site caches will not refresh the contents of the widget; caching of the widget content is controlled by the Campus Calendar. It will take time for changes made to Campus Calendar data to be displayed in widgets on your site.
- For more information about these parameters, and other filters you can use to display different subsets of events, see Campus Calendar feed technical documentation.
- Check the list of calendars on the Campus Calendar Network to find the short name of the calendar you want to embed.
- Contact the Campus Calendar administrators for more information about how to use the Campus Calendar.
How to Add a Campus Calendar Widget
To add a Campus Calendar widget, click the plus sign in the region where you'd like to add the calendar, then select "Berkeley Components":
Then, click "Add" for "Campus Calendar events list":
From here, configure the Campus Calendar widget. Add a title if desired, copy and paste your Calendar URL (see above "Getting a Campus Calendar embed link" section), and adjust the height as needed (depending on how many items you are choosing to display). Click "Add" when you're finished making the changes to the individual widget, then click "Save" at the bottom of the page to complete the process.