The Web Platform Services team will take care of the site launch process for your Open Berkeley website. The below process is general; depending on your website's URL and other details, the process may be slightly different.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org when you are ready to launch your website.
When You Are Ready to Go Live
- Make sure to do a final check and review of your website.
- Is all of your content in the correct place?
- Have you set up your redirects for all of your previous site paths?
- Check for any typos or spelling errors, and do a general review of your content and site layout.
- Ask other colleagues, stakeholders, etc. to review the site as well.
- One business day before your desired go-live date, the "content freeze" will begin. This means that no more changes should be made to the test site starting when the Web Platform Services team has asked the content freeze to begin. If any changes are made during this period, they will be lost once the site goes live and will need to be re-created.
- The Open Berkeley site owner alerts Web Platform Services (email@example.com) that they are ready to go live at least three weeks (effective 7/1/22) before the proposed go-live date.
- The Web Platform Services team will gather the necessary information from the Open Berkeley site owner, including answers to the necessary Domain Approval prompts for any new domains.
- Web Platform Services will submit the Socreg form for offsite hosting and coordinate with the campus DNS (Domain Name System) Administrator to coordinate the the Domain Approval processes specify the proposed go-live date.
- Once the Socreg team receives the reply and approves the request to host the website offsite on Pantheon, the request will be passed to the campus DNS Administrator and added to their queue.
- The content freeze will begin the business day before the go-live date.
- The site will be live the morning of the go-live date. Web Platform Services will alert the site owner when the site is live and it is safe to make edits again.